Getting down to some hardware hacking!

Sorry for not posting in a while but I’ve been busy with a Ztar project and I’ve been looking at various platforms for developing embedded systems and servers. I’ll be adding links to the forum as I move forward with the evaluations. You will notice that I’ve added sections for the Arduino Mega board, the Beagle Board, and the SheevaPlug. I have the Arduino Mega and the Beagle Board in house now but the SheevaPlug is on back order so I don’t expect to see it for 6-8 weeks. I’m planning to test the Beagle board running Ubuntu for ARM and Google Android. I’ll most likely use Bluetooth or WiFi for a network connection assuming I can find the appropriate drivers. I’ll be using my ASUS EeePC as the main development platform. It has a SD memory card slot so I can easily configure my 32 Gb SD card and then use it to boot the Beagle board. I also picked up a FT232R USB to serial converter module and a 24 channel MIDI controller from Hale Microelectronics.

All of these boards will be combined to create a Java based 3D multimedia platform for virtual world applications (
VRMAD). I’ve been working on this project on and off for several years, moving forward as I could afford to buy the boards and test equipment. I tried to go the VC route without success so I’ve decided to boot-strap the development myself. At this point, I’m ready to connect all the boards into a prototype system so I can continue the hardware and software development work. Keep on eye on the site for more photos as the project progresses!

Guess that’s it for now. Time to go work on some Ztar code....

Dan
Epicenter Technologies

Epicenter Technical Forums - New Format

The Yabb forums have been removed because I am tired of waging a constant battle with spammers and hackers. I’ll continue to post items of interest here but it will no longer be an open forum. More to come later....

Dan Johnson
Epicenter Technologies